BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The challenge for labor day

As some of you have seen I'm not very good at this so the yesterday me probably would have just not eaten and been miserable like now.But the new me starting tomorrow after I go grocery shopping even though I have no labor day plans as of yet.Would bring a fruit and veggey tray so at least I could munch on something.
And I found a recipe a year ago and I really like it.So I would bring that too!
I hope this works.

The recipe is from www.3fatchicks.com

3 Bean Tacos


recipe ingredients
1 tsp. olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 garlic clove — minced
1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8-ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
12 taco shells
3/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
3/4 cup diced tomato
1/2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa

recipe directions
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through garlic), and sauté 2 minutes. Add chickpeas, beans, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thick. Prepare taco shells according to package directions. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture into each taco shell. Top each with lettuce, 1 tablespoon tomato, 2 teaspoons cheese, and 2 teaspoons salsa.

I think it would be awesome in pita bread YUM
Serves: 12 - Nutrition Information Per Serving:
calories total fat sat fat protein fiber sodium (mg) carbs ww pts
140 4 1 5 4 273 21 2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have had similar tacos and they are great! i hope that today is going better than yesterday and you feel fuller!

Heather & Chaos said...

I hope you are doing better than yesterday. You can do this Shelly! Just take it one day at a time.

Thanks for sharing those tacos. They sound yummy! Not something I would have thought to bring to a potluck but it's a great idea!!

Losing it in Vegas said...

Oh yum, these sound sooo good.

I hope today is a better day for you! We all learn along the way :)

Heather & Chaos said...

We are on the same team! Yeah! E-mail me anytime you need help, advice, etc! pinguinlvr@roadrunner.com

~~Heather S

.... said...

Hello fellow Prancer!
Just wanted to let you know I'm only an email away if you need anything. :)

Terrific recipe & def. something different from the usual barrage of pasta/potato/cole salads.

Have a great week!
Lynn